System Administrators can ensure Agents receive an even workload using Rebalancing Rules. With Rebalance Rules, tickets are automatically redistributed among available Agents based on specific parameters set by the System Administrator. For example, a System Administrator may create a Rebalance Rule that automatically rebalances the ticket load each time an Agent logs in to SmarterTrack to actively receive tickets. This would ensure that the ticket workload among the active Agents in the Group receive an even amount of work.
To configure this type of commonly used Rebalance Rule, follow these steps:
- Log into the SmarterTrack management interface as a System Administrator.
- Click the Menu icon, and from the dropdown select Settings.
- Under the Manage header click Tickets.
- Click the Rebalance Rules tab. If any rules are already set, they will be displayed.
- Click the New button in the content pane toolbar. The Rebalance Rule modal window will open.
- In the Rule Name field, type the name of the rebalance rule.
- In the Group field, select the group that this rebalance rule will apply to from the list.
- Select the agents that this rebalance rule will apply to.
- Select the Execute when an agent starts receiving tickets checkbox.
- All other fields are optional
- Click the OK button.
Learn more about SmarterTrack’s email ticket system and how it will help you improve your customer service.