Agents are the employees of a company who handle customer issues and requests using SmarterTrack. They are the ones who manage tickets, respond to live chats, write knowledge base articles and more. However, before Agents can work on tickets or live chats, they must be a member of the Group(s) for which the tickets and live chats are assigned.
Follow the steps below to add an existing Agent to a Group:
- Log in to SmarterTrack as a System Administrator.
- Click on the Settings icon.
- Under the Manage header, click Groups. A list of available Groups will load in the content pane.
- Select the Group that you want to add an Agent to and click Edit in the content pane toolbar. (Alternatively, you can simply double click on the Group name.)
- Click the Agents tab. A list of all Agents currently assigned to the Group will display.
- Click the Add button. The Agent-Group Relationship modal window opens where you will select the Agent you want to add, as well as set the distribution method to use for the Agent, their Max Tickets and some other options.
- Select an Agent from the Agent list. All other settings are optional and can be modified at a later date, if needed.
- Click OK.
- Click Save.
For more information about Agents/Employees and Groups, please refer to the SmarterTrack Online Help.
Learn more about SmarterTrack’s email ticket system and how it will help you improve your customer service.