NOTE: Before following the instructions in this article, make sure the appropriate Microsoft .NET Framework is installed for the version you will be installing, based on the version's System Requirements. (Versions 11.x and newer require the .NET 4.5 Framework.)
Applies to SmarterStats 6.x - 11.x
- Download the SmarterStats full installer file from the SmarterStats Download page.
- Run the SmarterStats installer.
- Review the End User License Agreement (EULA) and accept the terms of the EULA to continue.
- Unless you choose a different installation folder, the default installation path will be C:\Program Files\SmarterTools\SmarterStats. NOTE: On 64 bit machines, the default location is C:\Program Files (x86)\SmarterTools\SmarterStats, but the product will still run on the 64 bit .Net Framework.
- After the InstallShield Wizard runs, SmarterStats is installed. You will now need to run and complete the Setup Wizard.
Running the Setup Wizard
After the InstallShield Wizard is finished installing SmarterStats, log in and the Setup Wizard will open. The Setup Wizard will walk you through configuring the system admin username and password, as well as system defaults.
For more information, refer to the Installation and Deployment section of the SmarterStats Online Help.
Learn more about how SmarterStats can help you make sense of your website analytics.