CAN'T CHANGE ANYTHING in PROTOCOLS SETTINGS!!
Problem reported by Cristina Precup - 3/13/2018 at 12:57 PM
Submitted
Hi,
after upgrade from 15.7 to 16.3 we can't change anything in Settings - Protocols. After I press Save and return to the page, the change is reversed to the initial setting.
This is very frustrating, please help!
Thank you,

7 Replies

Reply to Thread
Employee Replied
Employee Post
Hello Cristina,

I am having difficulty reproducing this.
Can you change the settings in any other areas? What specific cards/settings are you modifying?

Regards,
Cristina Precup Replied
Hi
I go to Settings - Protocols and try to change various settings in POP, IMAP, SMTP IN and SMTP Out sections.
Like Banner, Allow Relay (this is actually the one I need to modify urgent), Command Timeout, etc. Plus, if I go to Settings - Security - Whitelist and I want to add an IP range to whitelist and enable SMTP Auth Bypass, after I enable the setting, it reverts back to OFF. All other settings (SMTP, POP, IMAP, XMPP) remains ON, but SMTP auth Bypass changes back to OFF. 
​We did not have this problem before upgrade and need urgent to change some settings in SMTP protocol.
​Please help. Thank you,
Emmet McGovern Replied
Have you tried running the SmarterMail Self Diagnostic tool to see if theres any errors with permissions? Sounds like you cant write to the files those settings are held in.
Cristina Precup Replied
You mean go to Settings - Diagnostic? YEs, everything is passed.
Folder Permissions
Info NT Username to use for permissions: NETWORK SERVICE
Passed /App_Data/ Folder Permissions Test
Passed C:\Windows\Temp
Or there is another stand-alone tool?
If needed, I can make a user for you with administrator permissions to login and try.
I already tried with another user with admin rights - no success.
Marius
Employee Replied
Employee Post
Which minor of 16.3 are you on?
Cristina Precup Replied
I am on 16.3.6614
Employee Replied
Employee Post
I would recommend updating to the latest release. The issue with the whitelist you mentioned was a known bug that was fixed.

Reply to Thread