Large SmarterMail transfer recommendations please
Question asked by Kevin Russell - 9/21/2017 at 5:21 AM
Answered
I have a client who uses Smartermail 13.6 as his only mail client (no local backup). His mailbox has increased to around 10Gb in size. He has a ton of sub folders and sub-sub folders all from his inbox (not the root).

I need to transfer it all to another Windows server with Smartermail 16 installed - I have root access to this server.

I cannot get access to the Files (I have asked the host several times!).

The Smartermail Transfer/Import tool only imports the Inbox but none of the Sub folders.

Is there a way to transfer the files seemlessly, or even in piecemeal? Any recommendations will be gratefully received

Regards,
Kevin

4 Replies

Reply to Thread
Ishan Talathi Replied
Marked As Answer
The Smartermail Transfer/Import tool only imports the Inbox but none of the Sub folders.
SmarterMail Mailbox migration or IMAP retrieval will import all folders.

You can also use Imapsync for this. 10GB in 2017 is nothing.
echoDreamz Replied
As stated above - https://imapsync.lamiral.info/ is a great tool, we've used it numerous times for small to very large mailboxes without issues.
Brian Tesene Replied
In the past I have just used RoboCopy for transferring from one server to another. You can have it do the initial copy and then you can run it at intervals to keep the mail synced up until you are ready to flip the switch to the new server. We used this method when we moved ALL of our domains to a new server because we were upgrading the OS from 32 to 64 bit and transferring was the only upgrade path.
Kevin Russell Replied
Thanks Brian - I'll try it if all else fails

Reply to Thread