Mailing list are a good way to send a message or series of messages to many people at once. To prevent unauthorized post to the mailing list you can enable a password.
Applies to SmarterMail 8.x - 15.x
To enable password follow the steps below.
- Login as the domain admin
- Click the settings icon.
- Expand the Domain Settings and the Mailing List folder in the navigation pane.
- Click Mailing List. A list of available mailing list will load in the content pane.
- Select the desired mailing list and click Edit. The mailing list setting will load in the content pain.
- On the List Settings tab fill in password field and click Enable.
- Click Save.
To send to the mailing list using a password, follow the step below:
- In the To field enter the mailing list email address. For example, if the name of your mailing is is 'myPromo' and your domain is example.com, the mailing list address would be myPromo@example.com.
- In the subject filed input the password in the following format [:password:]. For example, if your password is “YMP344!” and the subject of your mailing list email is “February Promotions”, the subject line of the mailing list message including the password would be: [:YMP344!:] February Promotions
- Once the email is received by the mailing list it will then be process to all the subscribers.
Learn more about using SmarterMail for your email accounts and company-wide instant messenger.