For enterprise organizations, Web hosts or ISPs -- or any business, really -- that manage multiple mail server installations, keeping spam settings consistent across those servers has its challenges. SmarterMail makes it easy to use the same set of antispam rules for all of the mail servers across your organization by containing all global spam settings in a single XML file. This allows you to configure a solid set of antispam rules on one server, then easily upload that server's antispam XML to any SmarterMail server - right from the Web interface! As an added bonus, email administrators can even work together to create and share their antispam XML files, combining their experience and understanding to create the most reliable settings available.
Applies to SmarterMail 15.x
Follow these steps to copy a server's spam configuration to another SmarterMail server:
- Log in as the system administrator to the SmarterMail server whose antispam configuration should be copied.
- Click on the Security icon.
- Click the Actions menu in the content pane toolbar and select Export Spam Settings. The server's spamConfig.xml file will be downloaded to the local machine.
- Log in as the system administrator to the SmarterMail server whose antispam configuration should be replaced.
- Click the Security icon.
- Click the Actions menu in the content pane toolbar and select Import Spam Settings. Upload the spamConfig.xml from the original server. The spam settings will be imported to the server.
- Click Close to close the import modal window.
- Click Save to save the antispam administration settings.
- To see the changes to the Antispam Administration settings, refresh the window or log out then log back in.
Learn more about SmarterMail’s enterprise email features and benefits.