Mailing lists are a good way to send a message or series of messages to many people at once. For example, many companies use mailing lists to email newsletters, promotional offers, or information about product updates to subscribers.
NOTE: The mailing list feature must be enabled for the domain before creating a mailing list. For instructions on how to enable mailing lists, please refer to the KB article Enable Mailing Lists for Domains.
Follow these steps to create a new mailing list:
- Log in to SmarterMail as the domain administrator.
- Click the Settings icon.
- Under Domain Settings click Mailing Lists.
- Click Mailing Lists in the navigation pane.
- On the Mailing Lists card, click New Mailing List.
- Enter the list address and select the Moderator
- Click Save.
- On the List Settings card, select the List To Address, List From Address, and List Reply To Address
- In the Posting card, select the Allowed Posters. NOTE: Setting the Allowed Posters option to Anyone or Subscribers Only can cause spam issues. Generally, Anyone should never be used, and Subscribers Only should be used for digest mode.
- On the Options card select the appropriate enable the desired mailing list options.
- When you have completed all your settings changes click Save.
For instructions on how to add emails to the mailing list, please refer to the KB article Add Subscribers to a Mailing List.