SmarterMail now has a built in chat. This can be used by all users of the same domain to keep all communication internal. Any chat client that support this protocol can be used with SmarterMail.
Follow these steps to connect SmarterMail chat to Pandion:
- Open Pandion.
- Click Register a new instant messaging address.
- Enter your display name and click Next.
- In the Server Information field, enter your domain, such as example.com.
- Enter your SmarterMail username (i.e. jsmith) and password.
- Click Connection Settings.
- Enter the IP address of the SmarterMail server or, if records exist, you can enter the domain name (i.e., example.com).
- In the Resource field, enter a unique name for the device you're running the client on. For example, "Work Laptop". As the XMPP protocol allows you to connect to your account from multiple devices, being able to distinguish between those devices is important.
- Select the Use TLS encryption if available checkbox.
- Click OK.