SmarterMail administrators can quarantine outgoing messages that have been flagged as spam by SmarterMail's spam checks for a maximum of 30 days. Quarantining such messages allows administrators to investigate why certain messages are blocked as spam and make appropriate adjustments, if necessary. In addition, administrators can easily resend any outgoing messages that should not have been quarantined.
NOTE: This functionality is often used in conjunction with SMTP Blocking, which allows administrators to prevent the delivery of outgoing spam messages.
Follow these steps to enable spam quarantining for outgoing messages:
- Log into SmarterMail as a System Administrator.
- In the navigation pane, click on Antispam.
- In the Options tab, find the SMTP Blocking card, then use the Outgoing Quarantine dropdown to select the number of days to quarantine a message.
- Click Save.
Follow these steps to view and/or send a message under quarantine:
- Log in to SmarterMail as a System Administrator.
- In the navigation pane, click on Manage.
- Click on the Spool button at the top of the page, then click on the Spam Quarantine tab.
- In this section, you can view the messages that have been flagged as spam, attempt to resend the messages, delete the messages from the quarantine or move the message files on the server.